Sales Engineer â€' UK & Europe
Up to £45,000 per annum dependent on experience (OTE £64,500) made up of basic, commission and annual bonus. (Commission is uncapped).
25 Days annual holiday (plus bank holidays). Optional Pension Scheme.
My client is a technology spin out from the University of Bristol which was formed in 2004 targeting material testing applications.
With many unique selling features that significantly benefit users, the system is now being used by such high prestige customers as well as a system for 3D measurement of components and assemblies.
The company is a very stimulating and exciting place to work. With a technology that is constantly breaking new boundaries, this has resulted in an innovative culture that has a can do attitude. With world leading academics and business entrepreneurs involved with the business together with significant market traction for the technology the business is going to be a very exciting place to be around over the coming years.
Territory Business History:
From the three business units the company cover then our current sales manager has reduced their working week and concentrates on the materials business in the UK, France and Italy. Following a recent marketing exercise, they have established many companies, and points of contact that need investigating, introduction and closing.
We have now reached a point where for the company to grow, a Sales Engineer for the UK and Europe is required to focus and concentrate on getting our business, in these substantial markets, up and running by identifying and selling our products to new customer opportunities. The successful person will be responsible for generating orders in the UK and all of Europe except France and Italy in the Components & Assemblies and Structural monitoring markets.
Role: We are looking for an energetic individual to manage our routes to market in the territory and also help with identifying new opportunities for the technology.
The key aspects of the role will be:
- Based in the UK with regular travel to the territory. 1 week/month on average.
- Travel to UK customers 2 days/week when not in Europe.
- Growing the Components & Assemblies and Structural Monitoring business
- Establishing and growing the sales pipeline for direct sales to known hotspots for the technology.
- Organise and plan visits to the territory for customer visits, demonstrations and progression through sales cycle to closure.
- Representing the company at relevant exhibitions.
- Use of CRM system to maintain and update sales activities.
- Reporting to Sales & Marketing Manager
Experience: We are looking for somebody that:
- Ideally has experience of the Component testing or Civil Engineering (Structural Monitoring or component testing)
- Ideally has a background in Testing or Monitoring solutions
- Has at least a minimum of three years sales experience in a technical field with a proven track record
- Has some understanding of some of the following markets:
- Academia & research institutes
- Motor sport
- Civil Engineering
- Ideally understands the logistics of operating in the European market while selling an overseas manufactured product
- Able to work autonomously and travel around the territory as required
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77500396