We have an interesting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to join our Group Finance Team.
Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, has recently set up a Lloyd’s Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of outsourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
Charles Taylor currently employs over 1700 staff working in over 70 offices in 28 countries worldwide. In London we employ approximately 700 staff working across 3 offices in Central London.
We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accounts Payable
- Ensure that all suppliers’ invoices are received, approved, correctly allocated and entered into SUN on a timely basis
- Reconciliation’s of supplier invoices with statements where appropriate
- Communicate well with suppliers so as to build a good client relationship
- Produce prepayments/accrual schedule and make accurate posting
- Produce and maintain a weekly cash flow report which highlights current cash position with impending cash movements
- Carry out weekly bank reconciliation
- Be responsible for company credit card accruals/download/distribution and posting
- Ensure expense claim forms are completed correctly & are duly authorised
- Manage Intercompany charges and intercompany reconciliations
- Maintain Fixed asset register and reconcile to balance sheetAssist the budget and various reforecasting processes
- Petty Cash
- Maintain company sterling petty cash and foreign currency advances and monthly reconciliation of the same
- Ensure petty cash procedures & protocols are adhered to
The successful candidate will have degree in accountancy or finance and has the ability to check own work for accuracy and reasonableness before passing on for review. Ability to prioritise workload to meet client deadlines.Good communication skills. Must be able to deal with clients on the telephone and sound knowledge of Excel and SunAccounts
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77502621