Lead Developer – Swindon
Salary £44,000 - £55,000
Ok, so we have yet another developer role. If you’re reading this, you are more than likely to be a developer and hopefully looking for a new job. But why should this one convince you to apply when there’s SO much choice out there???
Well, having recently visited this organisation I was really taken back by the culture. A big part of my job is to meet companies so I can offer insight to job seekers and also learn more about the business and just as importantly, get a flavour for the working environment. Like people, businesses have their own personality and you never know what to expect until you walk through the front door. This visit ticked all of the boxes. A busy, bustling environment and the employees were really friendly. Everyone I walked past was keen to greet me with a smile making me feel very welcome. The offices were also very smart with break out areas and coffee / kitchen areas on every floor.
When I met the recruitment team and learnt more about what the organisation does, this made me realise why everyone was so upbeat. The area of businesses is beyond interesting and some of the success stories are mind blowing. On top of this, you are rewarded with a fabulous benefits package that includes over 30 days holidays, generous pension and the 10% profit related bonus is the icing on the cake! Hopefully I now have your attention?
The roles itself is ideal for an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about working with cutting edge technology. This is a leading role within the team so you can really make a difference, especially as you get the rewarding opportunity of mentoring junior developers. Let’s have a look at the responsibilities:
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Analyse business requirements and translate into technical design
- Constructing sequence diagrams, workflows etc to describe interaction between systems and present for internal and external use
- Studying system capabilities, input/output processes and hardware or software compatibility
- Engage in subsystems' design analysis and integrate with overall system
- Extend technical support during preparation, installation and system maintenance
- Design integration solutions between various systems within our architecture which includes a middleware of WSO2 ESB
- Ensure agreed architecture principles are adhered to when designing solutions
- Assist in configuration management, deploy and release cycle for designed solutions
- Full lifecycle application development for the new web application funding service
- Designing, coding and debugging Java spring boot application
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review
- Mentor junior developers within the organisation
This is an outline description of the key responsibilities and accountabilities involved in the job. It is not exhaustive and may be revised from time to time and dependent on requirements.
- Extensive experience of Agile software development experience and working in SCRUM teams
- Java 8
- Spring Boot / MVC
- HTML templating engine: Thymeleaf, JSP, JSF
- Build tools: Maven, Gradle, Ant
- Database: MySQL, Postgress
- Testing: TDD, unit testing, JUnit, Mockito
- IDE: Intellij IDEA
- Trouble shooting skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- SOAP, XML
- SQL query writing skills
- Experience designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) along with experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA)
- Software implementation best practices
- Security: Spring security
- Database migration: flywayDB, Liquibase
- Acceptance testing: Selenium, Robot Framework, Cucumber
- Performance: testing / tuning , jMeter
- Continuous integration / deployment: Bamboo, Jenkins
- Knowledge of Unix, shell scripting
- Experience in Salesforce and other COTS
- ESB experience
- Experience with dev-ops tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo/Jenkins, AWS, Docker)
If this role sparks your interest, please get in touch!
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77504056