This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Automation Engineer to work with one of the worlds leading pharmaceutical organisations supporting capital projects and site upgrades.
As an Automation Project Engineer, you'll be responsible for the delivery of new equipment and improvement projects across the Barnard Castle site. You'll be involved from project concept and project design stage, through to installation, testing and validation of new manufacturing equipment / processes.
You'll work across dynamic multi-skilled, cross-functional project teams (which may include engineering technicians, representatives from production, validation/quality, packaging or the New Product Introductions team), so the ability to build strong working relationships with great communication skills will be needed.
Qualified in an associated Automation subject (eg Electrical/Control/Automation etc) ideally to degree level or working towards this.
Proficient in a number of the following areas:-
* PLC systems (Ideally Siemens S5/S7/PCS7)
* BMS systems ( TREND )
* A high level computer programming language.
* Principles of Automation Equipment, Computer validation, cGMPs and regulatory requirements
* Project planning, project management
* Database Technology and it's use within Automation Systems
* Control of Pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment and processes
* Automation IT based networks including Ethernet / TCPIP
* International Engineering standards.
* Use of IT in an Automation Environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that equipment and project specifications issued are adequate to convey the controls requirements
- Monitor design, development and installation work; ensuring compliance with company requirements / procedures
- Review suppliers and report on their suitability to execute work for the company
- Ensure that suppliers provide adequate definition of their Control & Instrumentation systems and review them against requirements specifications
- Continue integration and expansion of the Site Automation LAN, interfacing with the IT network as required
- Ensure systems are delivered which comply with company requirements on 'Data Integrity'
- Ensure that control systems for projects / new equipment, which have GMP significance, are validated in accordance with company requirements, policies and procedures
- Prepare and complete validation protocols and reports.
- Ensure smooth handover of systems into production
- Manage in house and contract technical resource assigned to projects
- Provide technical controls expertise to resolve complex problems within the Business Units
If you can relate to the above skills and experienced and are interested in working with a truly world class organisation, please get in touch with your CV!
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77491374