Reporting and Management Information Analyst
We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
To manage monthly reporting and build internal capability to meet the demands of management information. Reporting and management information will be provided for internal stakeholders within Highways England and external stakeholders such as the client/shareholder, government departments and ministers.
Day to Day:
- Take a lead in the production of timely routine reports at a Company, Portfolio and Programme level.
- Ensure Company reporting strategy, KPI's, standards, processes and systems are consistently applied and quality assured across a Company, Portfolio and Programme level.
- Collate, consolidate and quality assure reporting data from various systems and stakeholders to produce high quality monthly management reports for all stakeholders.
- Analyse and assure management information and provide high quality narratives to explain reporting and management information.
- Check and challenge information provided by Programme/Project Managers and external stakeholders via regularised scheduled Monthly Management Reviews.
- Ensure that all communications with different business areas are effective, clear and concise.
- Design report content and formats that meet routine and ad hoc information requirements/requests.
- Automate the production of Management Information to streamline processing of data.
- Assist with the positive promotion of a Health and Safety culture which aims for zero incidents both internally and externally.
- Proven advanced level user of MD Office/ability to work with complex Excel spreadsheets is essential.
- Proven extensive knowledge in design, development and use of spreadsheet based reporting systems and formats.
- Proven experience of implementing reporting systems using database and data visualisation technologies (desirable but not essential)
- Proven experience of data analysis and quality assurance within a reporting context.
- Proven ability to plan and manage own workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Proven experience of working closely with a range of different actors to communicate pertinent information and challenge data in face to face meetings.
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven strong stakeholder engagement skills across all organisational levels.
- Proven ability to navigate and delivery within a fast paced, complex, customer facing organisation.
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77495686