Technical Services Manager - M&E
Voted one of The Sunday Times "100 Best Small Companies to work for", we are an established, successful, fun, Design and Project Management Company with a turnover of c£40+m. We pride ourselves on our innovative people, design excellence and technical expertise.
The Technical Services Manager undertakes a vital role in the successful delivery of projects from 10,000 to 80,000sq ft. Responsible for the successful installation of M&E programmes on site, commencing with assessment of the suitability of proposed systems, installation, final commissioning and managing handover.
- Involved in projects from the finalising of design of M&E systems to delivery on site, taking the M&E elements through to final commissioning while meeting all project KPIs.
- Work closely and in conjunction with the Project Management Team to plan and execute M&E works on the project. Provide buildability advice.
- Manage M&E subcontractors including quality checks and design alterations as required
- Monitor compliance with the latest building regulations.
- Liaise with the client / the client’s consultants to address issues and collaborate with them to reach agreed services solutions.
- Attend project meetings and work closely with our wider delivery PM team.
The TSM will seek to minimise the impact of the fit out on the existing building systems while ensuring a strongly cost effective and risk considered solution. With sub-contractors likely to be under pressure, this will involve ensuring that the proposed solution is workable and realistically costed as well as the design solutions are value engineered and can be effectively delivered.
Skills and Ability:
- Five years + M&E management experience in a fit out related company or subcontractor.
- An excellent knowledge of mechanical building services systems and a thorough understanding of all building services systems.
- A track record of successful M&E project delivery.
- Experience of managing subcontractors in the delivery of projects.
- Must be able to assure the client (and/or consultants) with the depth of understanding of the technical issues within buildings
- Willing to challenge assumptions by colleagues, consultants and sub-contractors.
- Good team player and people manager
- Ideally a recognised and relevant qualification.
We offer a competitive package, fun environment and great career opportunities
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77449601