Lead Mechanical Design Engineer - Machining
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER (LEAD) - MACHINE MANUFACTURING
One of those great career development opportunities...
I am looking to recruit a senior level - Lead Mechanical Design Engineer to join a global and market leading machining manufacturer supplying into a wide variety of Industries.
Due to growth and development plans within the engineering / technical department initially this position would report into the Technical Manager & Director with the plan of ultimately developing a managerial role as Design Manager.
Burton-Upon-Trent, Coalville, Derbyshire, Hucknall, Ilkeston, Leicester, Long Eaton, Loughborough, melton Mowbray, Nottingham, Sutton-in-Ashfield
- £38 - £50k (Depending on Experience)
- Contributory Pension
- Auto Enrolment pension operates
- There will be provision of a pool car if required
- Internal progression - this position will ultimately become a managerial position for the right candidate
THE ROLE: As the successful Lead Mechanical Design Engineer your key duties will be to:
- Oversee the existing design department - lead by example and impart experience and knowledge
- Predominantly take an existing process/product and adapt - design from a blank canvass and also take on some bespoke project / design requirements
- Lead and manage engineering change and design release
- Provide a strong 'Design for Manufacturing' input on existing products required to streamline manufacture
- Travel within the UK and overseas should the need arise / as required for design meetings at customer premises
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will have:
- Knowledge of contemporary manufacturing methodologies such as DfMA (Design for Manufacture and Assembly) - essential
- A proven record of producing production drawings and files for sub contract manufacture -highly desirable - essential for sheet metal fabrication (including laser, CNC Punch and folding operations plus assembly)
- Excellent Solid Works, CAD skills - essential
- Knowledge of air handling systems, conveyorised industrial ovens, furnaces or other thermal processing equipment - highly desirable
- Strong communication skills and leadership qualities
- The ability to provide design project evidence highlighting work specifically undertaken and including details of the end product
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this role, please click on the link provided. If you would like any further information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact us. 0116 242 3601 and ask for Caroline Alves
Encore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy and senior appointment sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a 'refer a friend' reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to £500.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77493790