Business Intelligence Analyst
Business Intelligence Analyst
The Business Intelligence Analyst:
Due to increasing workload, we are hiring another Business Intelligence Analyst to join our agile, enthusiastic and innovative BI team. Our BI team work with the wider Citywire Technology Team, which is central to the business. The success of almost every one of the business’s projects is dependent on our team.
Your personal aim will be to work in a fast moving start-up like environment, and share the excitement of a growing global business. In this role you will build a broad knowledge of the technology at Citywire, but also the aims and opportunities of the business itself and the financial industry (past financial experience is not necessary).
This is a great opportunity to expand your skills beyond data analysis and reporting. At Citywire you would be a core stakeholder in projects, with the opportunity to own and shape certain projects working with the Business Intelligence Manager and the Head of Technology. You will enjoy working with cross department teams, with representatives from Investment Research, Product Development, Audience Development, Sales and more, to design, spec and deliver the best products possible. You’d be working with large datasets from varied sources to understand all aspects of our business – from Fund Manager Ratings to how users interact with our websites to how well our web advertising model is performing.
What you’ll need in becoming the Business Intelligence Analyst:
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role.
- A degree in a relevant field, e.g. Computer Science, Accountancy, Mathematics, Statistics
- Strong Skills in the following:
- T-SQL and Management Studio (2008 R2 and 2012)
- Relational Database Design
- Visual Studio
- You will consider yourself innovative.
- You like to keep on top of new technologies and methodologies.
- You are passionate about the reports and analysis you produce and are proud to deliver this information to all levels of the business.
- Have strong attention to detail and be meticulous in reviewing large data sets.
- You will be a team player with strong communication skills – able to identify priorities as well as risks within your own and others’ projects.
- You will be inquisitive by nature and be analytical in your approach
- Level-headed when in a pressurised environment and working with a number of departments to meet tight deadlines.
- You will be described as thorough, creative and a relationship-builder.
- Some applications / methodologies which would be beneficial (but not essential) include:
- Excel Powerpivot / Powerview
- Agile Development and Scrums
- Qlikview or Tableau
- Hadoop & Big Data (Cloudera)
- Google Docs
- SSAS (Analysis Services)
- C# or other programming languages
- Source Control
PLEASE NOTE: If you are shortlisted, you would need to take a tech test, which can be done remotely.
What we offer you:
25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays, private pension scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme, subsidised gym membership, Kiddivouchers, Ride2work bike scheme and annual ticket travel card loans for your travel to and from work.
After two years continuous service you will also have access to private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
On top of this we have a personal trainer who runs workout sessions during lunchtime twice a week in the park, a masseuse who visits every month, as well as freshly ground coffee, fruit, breakfast and nuts to help yourself to daily.
We are an inclusive organisation and actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Business Intelligence Analyst role then please apply now!
POLITE REQUEST – NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77490798