Data Manager - MIS / SQL
Director of Data and Academic Systems
Term Time Only (plus 3 weeks)
Up to £33,000 Full Time Equivalent
Data Management, MIS, SQL, RDBMS, SSRS, Crystal Reports, Firefly, .Net.
Our client is a long-established independent co-educational school set in 450 acres of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the Sussex Downs with approximately 700 pupils and 200 staff. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a reliable, enthusiastic and knowledgeable Director of Data and Academic Systems / Data Manager to play a vital role in the school’s IT Team.
In liaison with the School’s IT Network and Services Manager and Curriculum management staff, the Data Manager will oversee, develop and maintain the use of data across the School, providing clear, concise and accurate information reports to raise standards of Teacher, department and pupil performance and ensure that all data returns (DfE & ISI for example) are accurate and on time. The School Data Manager will also take responsibility for management of the MIS and School portals for both the Senior and Prep Schools.
The position requires strong communication skills and a flexible approach as you will be working with students, parents, other staff members and suppliers. It is a Full-Time during Term-Time only role of approximately 37 weeks per year.
Your duties as a Director of Data and Academic Systems / Data Manager will include:
- Coordinating and managing the provision of data reporting services for the school.
- Delivering the design and maintenance of data reports for the school
- Being responsible for the integrity and security of the School’s data.
- Leading and developing the management of the School’s MIS and other databases to ensure data is secure and available as appropriate.
The ideal School Data Manager will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Demonstrable experience, and in-depth knowledge, of working with an appropriate MIS data management system.
- Strong technical expertise, ideally including an understanding of SQL / RDBMS, some development experience with .Net languages.
- Knowledge of existing school systems and experience of working in a school environment is desirable.
- Ideally, some reporting development experience – SSRS or Crystal Reports.
- Pro-active attitude focusing on continuous improvements to systems and processes.
- Experience of implementing new systems and data migration is desirable.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Advanced Excel knowledge.
- Strong communication skills, and analytical thought processes.
- Hold a full driving licence.
Salary and Reward package:
- Full-Time Equivalent Salary of up to £33,000. (Actual salary for 37 weeks apx. £19-£24k.)
- 12% contributory pension after 3 months.
- Free lunch on duty.
- Free parking.
- Subsidised membership of 9-hole golf course.
- Work in beautiful surroundings!
Our client is committed to Safer recruitment in education and child protection. All employees have to receive a satisfactory enhanced DBS check together with satisfactory references. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Key words: Director of Data and Academic Systems, School Data Manager, School Data Management, IT Network, IT Services, MIS, SQL, RDBMS, SSRS, Crystal Reports, Firefly, .Net, Data Security, Data Integrity, Part-Time, Term-Time.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77489717