Technical Support Consultant
The growth of both Zen’s customer base and product portfolio has led to us expanding our Technical Support Department. This role is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to immediately contribute to the success of Zen and to work within a dynamic, open minded and supportive team, gaining recognition for their individual contribution. The support desk is a vibrant, busy environment that benefits from the free exchange of creative and practical ideas.
The overall purpose of the role is to provide front line technical support to Zen's residential and business users. A core focus of the role is problem analysis and resolution to the customer’s satisfaction. This is a demanding first line position, calling for a high standard of customer support to be delivered.
This role will suit individuals who are committed to providing premium quality technical support and are able to troubleshoot in a thoughtful and efficient way, in some instances identifying a problem with limited information from the customer. The majority of calls will come from our business customers so the ability to provide fast, concise information is essential.
Please note that you'll work 37.5 hrs per week with rotational shifts of 12:30pm - 8:30pm Monday to Friday and approximately 1 in 4 weekends of 9am - 5pm Saturday and Sunday.
The department is also open on Bank Holidays (except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day) and therefore you may be required to work on those days.
- To provide premium quality telephone, e-mail and Live Chat support to Zen’s business and residential customers
- Troubleshooting customer problems in a thoughtful and efficient way
- Identifying a problem with sometimes limited information from the user to start with. Typical problems include ADSL, FTTC, PSTN (WLR3), Web Hosting, e-mail set up and FTP configuration.
- To take ownership of calls – seeing the customers issues through to completion
- Giving timely and accurate responses to enquiries
- Completing work activity logs
- Providing customer coaching in order to help the customer resolve problems themselves
- Proven experience in a technical customer service/technical support environment
- A degree of technical knowledge in some or all the following areas:
- Windows operating systems
- Applied knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Common Internet applications and services (e-mail, Web, ftp, etc.)
- HTML and Web server Maintenance
- Analytical structured approach to problem solving
- Considers the impact of decisions made upon the customer
- Excellent communication skills in order to provide clear and concise telephone and e-mail support
- Committed to service excellence
- Eager to provide first call resolution
- Able to quickly inspire confidence in others and build rapport with the customer
- Patient and willing to go the extra mile – e.g. happy to use knowledge to help Zen Internet customers with queries not related to Zen
- Able to remain calm and focussed in an ever changing environment
- Experience of working successfully in an ‘unscripted’ customer contact environment an advantage.
- Able to work shifts, as agreed
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77312846