Audit & Accounts Manager - Mid Tier
We are currently recruiting for Mid-Tier firm in Central London that are expanding their Business Services and Audit team. Due to internal promotion, the firm are now keen to speak with experienced Assistant Manager’s or Manager that have experience of running a client portfolio.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a firm that have big expansion plans over the next 12 months. The new role will offer the opportunity to push on to Senior management level in a short space of time.
- Plan, control and review client work to ensure that the jobs are completed as efficiently and effectively as possible by allocating the resources available
- Prepare fee schedules and bill for review and approval, explaining any extra charges also identifying and explaining any write offs or profits
- Prepare a time budget for each assignment. Ensure where possible that this is set at a level to enable the office to make money on the job taking into account the level of the fees and other non-audit work to be included within that fee
- Ensure a detailed audit or accounts planning memorandum is completed by the senior, with the information they will need to approach the audit work in the most efficient manner.
- Provision of general business advice to clients
- Brief audit or accounts staff on the client and the nature of its business ensuring that the most cost effective approach to the job is clearly communicated. Carry out debrief and provide feedback at end of assignments
- Review all work received as soon as possible, ensuring that any issues arising are referred back to the audit staff for completion before any outstanding issues are escalated to partner level
- Monitor work in progress on all jobs within the portfolio, communicating any potential problems and write offs to partner level on a timely basis
- Draft all management letters, finalising of accounts, letters of engagement etc
- Attend client meetings and prospective client meetings
- Ensure, as far as possible that trainees are allocated a variety of jobs in order to provide a broad range of training and maximise their experience
- Identify opportunities for additional services that the company can provide to clients
- Identify and target new clients through networking, marketing and client referrals
- ACA or ACCA Qualified
- At least 3 years experienced at Assistant Manager level or currently in a similar management role.
- Experience of working closely with clients
- Experienced in delivering audit assignments for clients across a wide range of sectors
- Exposure to business development and winning new clients.