Graduate - Building Surveying
Mace offers a wide range of consultancy services and is employed by clients for industry leading expertise, including Building Surveying services. Our Building Surveying service provides independent, impartial, specialist advice on a wide range of areas including Building surveys, party wall instructions, defect diagnosis, conservation and restoration and many more.
We aim to provide sound, bespoke advice, enabling our clients to make confident informed decisions on all technical aspects of acquisition, development, ownership, occupation and disposal of assets through tailored report formats, and with the opportunity to have exposure to all areas of building surveyingThe role
You will be a crucial member of the fastest growing sector within the wider Mace business, working closely with members of the cost consultancy and project management disciplines.
Your responsibilities will include, but aren’t limited to:
- Support in the preparation and submission of tender documents.
- Assisting in the preparation and administration of contracts
- Supporting the preparation of schedules of works.
- Supporting the delivery of building surveying services including condition and building surveys, party wall, defect analysis and dilapidation matters.
- Monitoring project progress and updating relevant parties
- Supporting in the production of cost assessments.
- Monitoring health and safety on projects
- Attending client meetings.
This role is available in Birmingham, Bristol, London, Manchester and Winchester.Minimum requirements
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected or obtained), preferably in a RICS accredited Building Surveying degree.
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry.
n addition you are also required to have a number of skills including:
- An understanding of the project life cycle and the roles and responsibilities of project teams
- The ability to adapt and add value to different teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A drive to deliver results
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.