Job Title: CNC Programmer
Job purpose Summary
Off line programming of 3, 4 & 5 axis CNC milling machines to enable the manufacture of high complex, low volume components for the aerospace industry.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Write efficient programs to run CNC milling machines.
- Working knowledge of Edgecam CAM software is desirable.
- Using Cam to design fixtures/tools, work to processes, plan and engineer
- Organising and managing programming function including prototype work.
- To create process instructions to be used by CNC setters for machine set-up & operation.
- Good knowledge of aerospace snap-out techniques
- Good knowledge of Fanuc based machine controls
- Hands on operation of CNC machines to prove out program.
- Inspection process to ‘pass off 1st off’s’.
- Read and understand complex customer drawings & models
- Work in accordance to the standards required by the company and their customers
- Problem solve and work often on own initiative
- Work as part of a team
- Continue to help/improve work environment and carry out housekeeping duties in line with 5S.
- The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
- Engineering apprentice trained
- Edgecam CAM software
- Good level of English: Level B1 CEFR minimum
- Robust engineering background
- At least 5 years working as a programmer in an engineering manufacturing environment CNC experience;
- Preferred: Fanuc/Siemens
- Working autonomously
- Setting up best practice
- Working knowledge of Edgecam
- Attention to detail
- Organized/able to prioritize
- Verbal communication
- Can – do attitude
- A willingness to learn and develop further
- Ability to build relationships with people at all levels
Interested?! Click apply to start your application for the hiring manager!