1st to 2nd Line Support Engineer
We are seeking a 1st / 2nd line technical support engineer for a growing team where you will have the opportunity to combine customer service and technical skills, joining a busy and efficient IT Help Desk team supporting a wide range internal users, networks, hardware and software. This environment is operating bespoke software and systems and you will be covering a mix of software and hardware support.
Within this new role the team provide support to over 500 users and deal with a huge variety of issues, problems and requests. Our client requires an additional team member to provide 1st and 2nd line telephone, e-mail and desk side technical support. Within this new role you will be covering a variety of desk side and remote support where you will diagnose and resolve support issues as well as set up and configure new laptops and desktops and support video conferencing and audio visual equipment.
Applicants will have an outstanding approach to solving issues / troubleshooting and you shall approach problems offering a high level of customer service. You will have proven 1st / 2nd line support experience and experience of supporting Windows 7 / 10 environments and have a desire to develop your own skill set.
- Experience of working in an IT support role and proven evidence of good troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer service, technical and teamwork skills
- Good knowledge of hardware architecture and the installation and configuration of supported software
- Good interpersonal, communication, time planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work well within a small team
- Proven ability to implement and support Windows 7
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to administer centralised and standalone printers
- Excellent attention to detail and capability of working to defined procedures
- Ability and willingness to support all areas of the IT services user base as required.
- A desire to learn
In addition, knowledge and/or experience in the following areas are desirable:
- Supporting Office 365 and Windows 10
- Migrating users between Windows versions
- Working with smart phones and tablets such as iPhones, iPads and Android devices within an MDM environment
- Supporting Apple Macs
- Working with PGP, Sophos and LANDesk
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959399343