2nd - 3rd Line Technical Support Engineer
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer with hands-on experience of Microsoft Operating Systems and associated technologies. You will be providing the 2nd and 3rd line support in a very dynamic business environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team of highly skilled Technical Support Engineers where you will play a key role working on exciting projects and supporting a multitude of applications running on varied platforms and advanced technologies.
As the 2nd to 3rd line Support Engineer this is an opportunity to join a team redesigning my clients infrastructure where you will be a key part of positive change and a forthcoming site move. Our client is seeking candidate with strong user / customer facing skills as well as commercial experience working Server Level and working with Network Support. Working within this fast paced and hands on environment you will be working on a range of Windows based projects from upgrading the networks and servers to looking at cloud based support services.
Applicants shall ideally have experience in a senior or 3rd line role with commercial experience of Server and Network Support responsibilities -
- Experience of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, WSUS, Group Policy, IIS and User Management.
- Skilled in the assembly and understanding of PC systems. Building new desktops and servers
- Proficient in the use and administration of Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Microsoft Server 2008 - 2012, Exchange 2003 / 2008 / 2010 / 2013 and Office365 experience
- Experience VMWare or other virtual environment management
- Strong Networking experience
- Proven experience working 3rd Line
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN and SAN networking concepts and administration.
- Cisco router and firewall administration.
- PowerShell Scripting knowledge
- Experience within an ITIL environment
- Exposure to Linux Systems
- HPC knowledge
- Generous contributory pension
? 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
? Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
? Support for professional qualifications
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959399284