Technical Software Support Engineer
Our established client is currently recruiting for a passionate and ambitious Technical Software Support Engineer to join their growing team located in their modern purpose-built office just outside of Bury St. Edmunds. Full-time, permanent position offering a starting salary of £30,000, plus a competitive benefits package.
The main purpose of the role is to provide high levels of software and technical support to customers, including advice on the data collection, transfer and visualisation for their instrumentation and monitoring systems
- Providing post-sales support to customers
- Analysing & resolving specific customer issues
- Logging of support & technical queries in the Service Desk application
- Taking ownership of tickets and ensuring successful completion within stated SLA
- Providing software support to customers
- Data analysis
- Managing the ''sales back office'' and the main technical referral point to colleagues & customers
- Product troubleshooting
- Attending technical face to face meetings with customers
- Providing technical services on-site
- Developing support material for technical support library, website, sales & marketing including knowledge articles, technical bulletins, papers, blogs etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- HNC/HND qualification in Computer Science/Engineering or related subject OR relevant industrial work experience.
- Experience of supporting custom software applications
- Understanding of web based systems
- Experience with FTP protocols and familiarity with Cloud Platforms desirable
- Knowledge of serial communications systems
- Ticket-tracking software experience
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or similar would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to develop good relationships with customers
- Flexible and focused
- Gain knowledge quickly
- Positive can do attitude
- Resourceful and problem solver
This position would be ideally suited to someone with a good technical background especially with software and data analysis who has a passion not only for technical solutions but also vision into the way that these solutions are provided to the customer.
If you are interested in this position and meet the required specifications as above then please apply with your up-to-date CV today to be considered for this opportunity!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959381464