VAT Assistant Manager - Reading, BDO
This role will provide VAT advisory services for a wide range of clients.
The primary responsibility will be to prepare advisory work on a portfolio of clients and seek to assist the advisory team in the management of those projects. You will also provide assistance to Director/Principals/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group.
A key part of the role requires the individual to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed about any new business opportunities arising at existing and new clients
• Responsible for preparing ad hoc VAT advice on behalf of the manager and partner group, ready for review and sign off.
• Responsible for some compliance on a small number of clients, and involved with related client management matters, whilst being supervised by Manager/Director/Partner and communicating with clients
• There will be an expectation that you will take full responsibility for project delivery
• Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms criteria
• Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
• Liaise with HMRC
• To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/Partner informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
• Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Principles/Senior Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
• Ensure that the firm’s quality control procedures are adhered to as appropriate
• Ensure professional standards are met and supervise, support and develop more junior staff both on-site at client premises and whilst in the office
• Will work as part of management team with other Tax managers within the business group, and provide support to the rest of the Tax team
• Training must be provided to more junior staff both on the job and through monitoring exam and on the job performance, whilst consistently providing feedback
• Counsel, appraise, develop and motivate staff as appropriate
Sales and Marketing:
• Participate in bids/proposals for new work as requested
Communication and representation:
• Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
• Provide an efficient and pro active service to clients and ensure that the clients’ needs are fully met
• Pay attention to self-development and continuing professional education with a view to progressing within practice
• To support and work as a team player in achieving activities for their business area
• Work on own initiative
• Consult with colleagues and Partners on technical and risk matters.
You would be expected to be able to demonstrate 75-90 % of the accountabilities highlighted.
• Starting to gain staff management experience
• Significant understanding of and previous experience within tax compliance
• Some tax advisory experience preferable but not essential
• Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of VAT
• Ability to manage a small client portfolio
• To actively seek opportunities for selling new services to existing clients
• Some experience of dealing with client senior management
• Educated to degree level, and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
• Demonstrable post qualified experience