Junior Childrenswear Garment Technologist
Our client is a well established importer of babywear and childrenswear, successfully supplying many high st retailers with a full range of product. They have been established over 60 years and provide a comprehensive service ranging from design through to delivery.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Garment Technologist to join their team managing the retail accounts from development onwards, working closely with the customers and overseas factories. A small amount of CHILDRENSWEAR EXPERIENCE IS ESSENTIAL with knowledge of current legislation.
Junior Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Reporting to the Technical Manager and working along side the Account Managers.
- Risk assessment on all confirmed orders.
- Leading the fit process and organising regular fit meetings with the customers.
- Maintaining and updating accurate customer records.
- Working closely with the factories ensuring accurate and concise comments are communicated and followed through.
- Test report analysis and submission to customers and understanding fabric performance requirements.
- Managing critical path to ensure lead times are maintained.
- Analysis of inspection reports prior to shipment release
- Follow up of AQL and customer return issues.
Junior Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a similar role within retail or supplier environment.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Clothing Technology.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Good communication skills, using own initiative and be self driven.
- Organisational skills and be innovative with a proactive approach to problem solving.
Junior Garment Technologist - The Package:
- Competitive salary
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77308441