Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer
At Dyson, we never stand still. It’s the entrepreneur in us. So, when you’re inventing something from scratch, the right technology doesn’t always exist. Our future products rely more and more on robotics, connectivity, complex sensing and navigation technologies. As a Senior Systems Engineer, you’ll bring our ideas to life – by creating the high-speed electronics that power them. We’re at the cutting-edge of what we do. And you could be too.
About the roleWorking with the product design manager and hardware and software design engineers, you’ll define the electronics systems architecture and translate it into design specifications – taking ownership of the electronics sub-system from design concept to production. You’ll:
- translate end-user, internal customer and product needs into relevant requirements
- define system architecture
- use an MBSE approach to capture the product use cases, requirements, system architecture, behaviours and interfaces
- support the hardware and software engineering teams in the integration of modules, subsystems and functions
- support wireless connectivity aspects
- ensure everything is delivered to the highest standards, on time and on budget.
You’ll come from a solution design role, with plenty of practical experience. You’ll also have:
- a degree in electronic engineering, physics, computing or similar
- a good understanding of requirements management and the system design process
- worked across the full engineering lifecycle
- great communication and interpersonal skills, be a good team player, organised and flexible
- the ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation.
Dyson is different. It’s certainly not for everyone. But if you want to work for a company that trusts and empowers its people to make the impossible, possible… welcome to Dyson. To show you how much we appreciate what you bring to our business, we keep an eye on the market to ensure salaries and pensions are competitive. You’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. And our culture’s something we’re proud of too. Rapid professional and leadership development, flexible hours and a relaxed dress code are just some of the other reasons our people join, and stay. It’s all geared up to bring out the best in you. We’re confident you won’t be disappointed.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/76852508