Audit Assistant Manager – North London
Working closely with the Senior Management team and Partners you will manage a small portfolio of clients and supervise more junior members of the audit team. The right candidate will also have the opportunity to push onto Manager level in a short period of time.
- Planning and leading large complex audits with turnover up to £40 million, including specialist audits e.g. FSA, pensions, solicitors, charities and schools. The client base will be mixed with a range of corporate clients.
- Providing support to Senior Managers and Partners with client work.
- Supervision, review, training and development of junior staff. Delegating work to junior staff as appropriate
- Preparation of draft business tax computations
- Preparation of draft statutory accounts under FRS102 and old UK GAAP from client’s numbers pre audit
- Larger accounts preparation jobs for audit exempt limited companies, partnerships, LLPs
- Preparation of complex consolidation accounts
- Where applicable drafting recommendations to management post audit
- Provide straightforward advice to clients on accounts/statutory and basic tax matters
- ACA or ACCA Qualified
- At least 4 years’ recent experience within external audit in the UK
- Ideally some experience in the following: Proaudit, CCH Accounts Production (AP), Sage, Alphatax and excel – Training can be provided if no experience.
- Experience managing, training and developing junior staff.
- be a good communicator and be able to deal confidently and effectively with both clients and staff alike.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a firm that take the work/life balance of their staff very seriously. You will operate on a flexitime basis and will receive 28 days’ holiday + Bank holidays along with a range of other great benefits. The firm really want someone that is ambitious and the right candidate will have the chance to push through to a Manager’s position in a short space of time.