Software Engineer Embedded Media Graphics
Software Engineer – Embedded Media – Graphics
At Dyson, we never stand still. It’s the entrepreneur in us. In 2016 we launched our second connected product. And we’re pushing to create even more boundary-breaking connected product experiences, from mobile apps, to web/CRM integrations and cloud services. As technology advances, we’re using it to drive innovation. Our electric vehicle and our latest connected products – the Dyson Pure Cool Link and our existing Dyson 360 Eye™ robot vacuum cleaner with its companion eco-system – are proof of that. You’ll be at the heart of it.
About the role
Working in our world-class Research, Design and Development department, you’ll be part of a team that’s always looking to improve what we do and how we do it. You’ll:
- create high-quality, graphical user interfaces (developing bespoke, as well as using off-the-shelf, templates) across a range of hardware platforms, in a real-time embedded framework.
- support a selection of processor families and associated tool chains.
- translate user requirements into efficient graphic functions.
You’ve already got experience of developing in-house, or bespoke, graphical solutions. What we’re looking for, is someone who’ll enjoy stretching our technical, creative and design capabilities. You’ll also need practical knowledge of:
- OpenGL, uGFX, uGUI, TouchGFX
- C/C++ programming
- debugging software problems, using simple and complex investigation techniques
- defining software level requirements using UML
- software testing techniques.
Dyson is different. It’s certainly not for everyone. But if you want to work for a company that trusts and empowers its people to make the impossible, possible… welcome to Dyson. To show you how much we appreciate what you bring to our business, we keep an eye on the market to ensure salaries and pensions are competitive. You’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. And our culture’s something we’re proud of too. Rapid professional and leadership development, flexible hours and a relaxed dress code are just some of the other reasons our people join, and stay. It’s all geared up to bring out the best in you. We’re confident you won’t be disappointed.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/76852729