Reporting/Data Engineer (SQL/SSRS)
We have an exciting vacancy for a Reporting Engineer to join our IT team based in our Head Office in Clapham Junction.
The role in a nutshell:
In this role, you will be responsible for managing, supporting and enhancing existing corporate reports (SSRS). You will work within the Data Team to support all Moss Bros reporting requirements.
What will you be responsible for day to day on a day to day basis?
- Development of existing SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) reports from gathering business requirements through to deployment
- Writing T-SQL queries to facilitate reporting writing
- Assisting in the development business intelligence, data warehousing, database design and development.
- Assist in the development of new SSIS packages and cubes to meet business needs.
- Create and maintain documentation for reports, stored procedures and database functions
- Assist in SQL Server 2005/2008 R2 Database tuning to ensure optimal performance
- Assist in SQL Server 2005/2008 R2 Database administration to ensure stability and security of all databases
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly in the area of data working with the DevOp Engineers and the Infrastructure Manager
What experience, knowledge, skills and behaviours will you have?
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Dolfin and of other Moss systems underlying data models
- Excellent skills in SRSS
- Good skills in SQL Server
- Ability to model data in both logical and physical models
- Good written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and to correctly prioritise activities
- Resilient to pressure
Our Reward and Benefits
- Salary circa £35,000
- Holidays – 23 days (excluding bank holidays)
- Employee Discount – We offer up to 70% personal discount off our fantastic product.
- The Amazing Club – We really believe that our people are amazing and the Amazing club is one way we recognise this. You can be nominated to join by a colleague and have the chance to win gift cards, extra day’s holiday and even lunch with the CEO!
- Interest Free Travel Loan – We recognise that the cost of getting to work can be pretty hard on your pocket and offer an interest-free loan which you can pay back over 10 months directly through your pay.
- Pension Scheme – We operate an auto-enrolment contributory pension scheme. You pay in and Moss Bros. does too.
- Save as You Earn – You can share in the success of the company by joining our Save as You Earn scheme. You pay into the scheme for a defined period and have the option to buy shares at a set rate at the end of the savings period.
- Life Assurance scheme – It is reassuring to know that should the worst happen and you die whilst you are working for us, we offer a life assurance benefit, which will go some way to ease the financial burden to those you leave behind.
- Wedding Gift – When you get married or have a civil ceremony, we offer free suit hire or a contribution to your special day!
- Child Care vouchers – You can make some real savings on the cost of child care if you decide to opt into this salary sacrifice scheme.
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR ADDITIONAL AGENCY SUPPORT WITH THIS ROLE.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77237826