IT Support Apprentice
- Full Time
This is a brilliant position for an enthusiastic and eager-to-learn individual to start their career with an exciting apprenticeship. Apply today to kick-start your career!
You will be working for...
A Crowned Microsoft Showcase School, who is the 2nd/3rd most expensive boarding school in England and in the TOP 15 with grounds and buildings of unsurpassed beauty and with access to truly outstanding facilities. Established in 1853 as the nation's memorial to the Duke of Wellington. The College builds on the honourable legacy of the 'greatest Englishman that ever lived' by combining the best traditions and values of the past with the energy and ambition of the present.
The College is an equal opportunities employer and is fully committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, sex or marital status.
Your role will be to learn and develop IT skills to help support and maintain the College deployed hardware and software. The IT Apprentice will be accountable to help 1st line support of the Customers Services Help desk within the college.
- IT Customer Support, to support and assist other Customer Services team members, Good Customer Services Skills, Ability to learn new skills, Ability to work as a team, Good understanding of Windows operating system
- Support of all deployed software, Support requests will come primarily through the Customers Services Helpdesk
- Classroom Support
- Be able to communicate on all levels of staff and students
- Be able to work on their own
- An enthusiasm to learn new technology.
GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths and English grades A-C
Benefits & Rewards:
- Access to some of the best facilitates in the country
- Opportunity to learn from seasoned IT professionals
- Progression to a Level 4 apprenticeship or Degree
The role will develop over time, focusing on customer services 'first line' IT support. This will be combined with the exposure of numerous other projects exploring the varied functions with the IT department.
The job involves by its very nature a high level of interaction with the other members of Wellington, who range from The Master of Wellington to the newest 13 year old, and interpersonal and communication skills are as important as problem solving or technical ability.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959298318