1st Line Application Support Engineer
The main focus of this position is to provide technical support on our scheduling software to our end users and sales channel. This role would suit someone who is looking to develop a career in IT.
The success candidate should possess a good understanding of Microsoft Windows systems and process trouble shooting.
Although the role involves supporting users in the use and understanding of our software, quite often the problems relate to more general Windows technical queries.
Ideally the candidate will have basic programming skills and any knowledge of Visual Basic / .Net software would be useful, however experience and knowledge of SQL server is something you must have.
In addition, as you would expect for type of position, good communication skills and a good telephone manner are essential to thrive in this opportunity.
Although not essential to possess qualifications, typically the person will have achieved industry relevant accreditations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide technical support, answering support queries via telephone and email.
- Providing first line technical support, remotely analysing problems and resolving where possible.
- Investigating, diagnosing and solving first line application problems using effective troubleshooting and fault analysis skills and escalating accordingly.
- To maintain a high level of customer service for all support queries.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Experience with MS SQL Server is essential
- Experience with vb.net and c# .net programming languages advantageous
- Excellent Communication Skills. Both email and telephone
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems
- Organizational and Time management skills.
- Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/958945517