3rd Line IT Support Technician
Job Title: 3rd Line IT Support Technician
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £50,000 (12 month FTC)
- Experience in providing 3rd line server and virtualisation support.
- Recent experience in providing 3rd line IT technical support within a multi-site organisation.
- Desktop administration / proficiency in Microsoft Windows XP, 7
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2003 to 2010
- Experience in creating and maintaining up to date procedures and technical documentation.
- CompTia A+, Network+, MCP, MCTS or equivalent experience.
- Ability to quickly learn in-house and bespoke system tools.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and workload.
- Ability to plan own work and deliver with limited direct supervision.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to use initiative.
- Full UK Driving Licence
Technical Skills & Application:
- Investigate reported incidents and problems with all supported applications/hardware and determine the appropriate course of action for resolution.
- Resolve incidents and problems within agreed service levels.
- Maintain records of requests for advice and assistance and work completed.
- Plan support activities to assist project teams so that future rollout and upgrade schedules are met and the integrity of live systems is maintained.
- Contribute to continual service improvement.
- Day to day resolution of support calls in the 3rd line service desk queue.
- To provide clear, well written technical documentation for all IT systems as and when required.
- To maintain accurate and timely records of all technical issues using the IT service desk system.
- To provide on-site technical support at any facility as and when required this includes the commissioning of new hardware and troubleshooting support issues.
- Support of the operational monitoring solutions, performance monitoring across all strategic platforms, databases, networks, web services, and other services.
A fantastic opportunity for a 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer to join a well established company.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959287331