HGV Technician Supervisor - Workshop Supervisor - Truck service
HGV Technician Supervisor - Workshop Supervisor - Truck service Supervisor
HGV Technician Supervisor - Supervisor - Technician Team Leader is required by a major HGV manufacturer to manage a small team of HGV Technicians in a workshop, must have come from a HGV Technicians background and have NVQ or City & Guilds qualifications and have 1 to 2 years minimum of managing HGV Technicians. Or a senior HGV Technician who has mentored HGV Technicians and wants that next step up in their career.
ROLE: HGV technician Supervisor
BASIC SALARY: £14.50 per hour plus overtime
SHIFTS: Rotating Monday to Friday: 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm
Working closely with and managing the HGV Technicians team in order to create high levels of morale and focus to ensure that work is completed in a timely manner and with excellence in quality. Effective communication with the Workshop Controller/Manager and CSR’s to ensure that technicians have valid job specifications and time budget prior to work commencing. Ensuring that customer expectations are managed at all times by working with each stage of the Service process. Maximising the shifts performance through effective problem solving, coaching & development.
- Supervise a team of technicians ensuring that work is carried out as efficiently as possible
- To ensure that you and your team are following the Genuine Service Process Maps
- Proactively select and develop lead/master technician to be able to stand in for specified supervisory tasks during times of peak activity.
- Agree resource plans with Workshop Controller/Manager (and actions to handle peaks in workload) and anticipate resourcing issues in advance
- Ensure technicians are fully briefed on job requirements and budgets per up-front job specifications
- Manage workshop work-in-progress versus job specification time budgets and provide timely updates on progress to CSR (or customer when out of hours
- Manage job issues / problems in real time to control the quality of the repair and minimise variances versus budgets
- Provide diagnostic and technical assistance to technicians to speed fault diagnosis and accurately specify repair solutions .
Must be from a HGV Technicians background with NVQ or City & Guilds Qualifications and have at least 1 to 2 years experience of managing technicians in a workshop.
- Good knowledge of VOSA requirements and MOT testers manual.
- An understanding of Operators Licence Laws and Regulations
- City and Guilds, NVQ 3 or equivalent in Motor Vehicle Technology
- To be able to manage and motivate a team of technicians in their daily activities
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76797831