We are looking for a Data Modeller/Architect OR alternatively we can consider a graduate (or equivalent) resource for this role. Previous experience of Business, Logical and Physical Data Modelling in both Relational and Dimensional methods within Insurance or Financial Services industry having worked on large scale transformation programmes is preferable.
The role will involve working as part of the Chief Data Office across a number of Transformation & Regulatory Programmes within RSA. This role is fundamental towards driving the creation of key assets from business data architecture through to the logical data architecture to provide traceability through to the Physical Domains and Business Functions.Responsibilities
- Articulating content and modelling principles to other modellers and business users
- Developing models to reflect business area-specific data needs
- Support review, sign-off and adoption of models in collaboration with global businesses
- Facilitate resolution of model conflicts created by competing business requirements
- Lead and Participate in design workshops
- Provide communication of decisions
- Strong understanding of Data modelling practices
- Experience of creating and maintaining business information models and logical data models
- Data Modelling Tools (e.g. Erwin, Infosphere Data Architect etc…)
- Case Tools (e.g. Sparx EA, Rational Rose, Casewise, Infosphere Software Architect etc…)
- Previous experience of Master Data Management a plus
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams with designers and developers
We may be old, but we’re not old fashioned. Over the past 300 years we’ve become one of the largest international insurers. We encourage everyone at RSA to be an individual. Be Yourself. Be RSA
Good Luck with your application we hope to be seeing you soon!