Software Engineer Graduate Bristol
What’s the Opportunity?
By joining the Software Engineering and Technologies (SET) function, you will be directly involved with a diverse range of projects. You will gain exposure to numerous programming languages, software tools and software lifecycle methodologies, ensuring your time in SET is an engaging, challenging and unique experience.
What will you be doing?
You will develop the skills necessary to become a well-rounded software engineer. This goal will be achieved through a combination of technical training, 4 challenging work placements and career support.
You will work closely with other teams in a variety of development stages within our weapons systems including both embedded and front end software development on a range of platforms, such as Windows and Linux, utilising C, C++, Ada and/or Java. You will also be ensuring the functional and technical robustness of project deliverables, and be responsible for the creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
Non-technical responsibilities include interfacing with other functions, making sound business decisions, learning a general overview of the business, and keeping team members and managers up to date with your progress on a project and personal development level. You will also have the opportunity to organise and support business level activities such as forums, talks and presentations, competitions and charity events.
What are the benefits for you?
- Exposure to all aspects of a software development lifecycle
- Formal and on-the-job training provided for learning new programming languages and software tools
- Fantastic opportunities to bring your technical knowledge to schools and inspire the next generation of engineers through the STEM programme (for example - building a functioning robot with a school team for a competition)
- Opportunities to travel – in particular, we work closely with our French and Italian colleagues
- Personal development events and experiences throughout the Early Careers Programme (ECP) scheme
What’s great about joining this team?
- A breadth of experience and support available in the departments, which includes a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme, and regular informal meetings with other ECP members in Software Engineering and Technologies (SET)
- You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan working environment and systems laboratories, aimed at aiding your learning and development
- We run an annual SET challenge which offers the chance to collaborate with others in the team, to solve a demanding and engaging software problem!
What we are looking for from you?
- To have obtained or be expecting to obtain at least a 2:2 in a Computer Science or other science or engineering based degree, such as Software Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Physics or Maths
- A proactive attitude and being comfortable taking the initiative
- A willingness to learn and apply newly gained knowledge quickly
- To be capable of working as part of a team and individually
- Being adaptable to changing requirements
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What would you get?
Competitive joining bonus & salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
This job was originally posted as www.milkround.com/job/76773052