Design and Project Engineer
Design and Project Engineer
Sterling is a diverse and expanding business, always looking to add motivated, technical and professional people to our talented team. Sterling provide a wide range of engineered solutions including specialist electrical operational and craft training, multi utility design, construction and maintenance, survey and asset management, consultancy services and the provision of geographic software, analysis and information services.
Sterling Design and Consultancy (SDC) work alongside some of the country’s biggest developers to formulate the utility strategy for both commercial and residential sites. Due to an expanding market share and growth, through a developing reputation for outstanding consultancy services, SDC are looking to recruit a Design and Project Engineer to work alongside our team delivering these major infrastructure projects.
This role requires the ability to assess the current utility infrastructure of a given site as well as designing and securing provision for services during and post development.
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished design engineer who is able to provide quality reporting to clients with a varying understanding of utilities infrastructure. They must be adept at explaining technical aspects, constraints and costs whilst avoiding unnecessary engineering jargon.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of the following expertise, knowledge and qualifications:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with strong relationship building
- Fully conversant in current Electrical /Gas / Water infrastructure
- Previous experience working as a design engineer in the utility infrastructure services Industry
- Previous experience of design & connections standards and technologies
- Level five (HND/HNC) or above in an engineering related discipline, e.g. civils, electrical engineering or construction
- Level three Computer Aided Design e.g. City & Guilds 7579
- IT literacy in standard Microsoft products
It would be advantageous for the successful candidate to hold the following criteria;
- Previous experience with working with DNOs and ideally holding relevant DNO authorisations
- Previous consultancy experience
- Level six (Degree) in an Engineering related discipline, e.g. civils, electrical engineering or construction
- Level five (HND/HNC) in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to use AutoCAD
These posts will be based at our Halesowen or London offices. For a detailed job description please see the careers page on our website, by clicking the Apply button.
The successful candidate should expect a competitive salary depending upon qualifications and experience. There is also a bonus opportunity that will be based on pre agreed KPI’s.
Applications should be made by submitting a covering letter and curriculum vitae by email or post to our Head Office.ty management Centre, Mucklow Hill, Halesowen B62 8DR.
Any enquiries regarding this post should be made using the email above or by phone to Ashleigh Bourne on 0121 585 4532.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76801483