2018 Graduate Programme – Financial Advisory – Financial Crime
The Deloitte Graduate Programme is a first step on a professional career with a highly respected firm. It’s a world-class training scheme, as well as a permanent job that’ll earn you a market-leading salary and benefits.
From the moment you join, you’ll be treated as a Business Advisor, valued for the unique contribution you make and the fresh ideas you bring. You’ll work directly with clients on projects that have a very real and meaningful impact on their success. As well as gaining a recognised professional qualification, you’ll develop the kind of rounded business skills that will serve you well regardless of where your future takes you. And you’ll get all the support you need to become the leader you know you can be.The Opportunity
Financial crime sits in Forensic (the Financial Advisory business area) and, in here, we help clients react quickly and confidently in a crisis, investigation or dispute. With our global network, deep industry experience, and advanced analytical technology, we’re able to resolve issues and offer proactive advice to reduce the risk of future problems. It’s a field that’s increasingly in demand, and we have one of the largest forensic practices in the world.
Due to a complex web of laws and regulations, our clients are under greater scrutiny than ever from shareholders and regulators. Whether it’s fraud detection and prevention, anti-money laundering, sanctions compliance, corporate corruption, market abuse or business ethics, in Financial Crime we’re here to help our clients get to grips with these issues, so they can get on with what they do best: running their businesses.
Typical Activities when working in the Financial crime:
- Support assessment of companies business model in relation to regulatory changes
- Support clients to assess and enhance their financial crime compliance systems and controls
- Assist in drafting financial crime compliance policy or procedures documents
- Assist in the drafting of formal reports in the context of financial crime investigation assignments
- Assist in investigations to identify potential misconduct
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams, and at times on overseas assignments to collate and assess evidence of systems and controls
- You will also be expected to support market propositions, thought leadership and business development
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology takes care of the repetitive manual tasks. We’re using automation and cognitive technology to free up our people for more analytical work, and to provide a higher quality service.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving: collects, assimilates, and analyses relevant data and uses standard processes and tools to help surface insights and solutions
- Delivery Excellence: manages own work against project plan to ensure a superior client experience
- Manages Quality & Risk: complies with quality standards, risk rules, and confidentiality guidelines to deliver results
- Modelling: adopts a disciplined approach to building financial models
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.