2018 Summer Vacation Scheme – Consulting – Strategy & Operations – Monitor Deloitte
An internship at Deloitte is a fantastic way to get up close to the world of business, find out what excites and inspires you, and where it could take you. As well as vital work experience, over the three to eight weeks you could have a graduate job offer in your pocket before you even finish university.The Opportunity
Our Strategy & Operations team enjoys an unrivalled position in the market, combining the scale and strength of a global professional services firm, with the cutting edge nature of a boutique consultancy. From conception of ideas through to delivery of solutions to measurement of value created, we help our clients make the most important decisions affecting their businesses; defining choices that will shape their ambitions and keep them ahead of their competitors. We do this by keeping ahead of the market ourselves. Are you ready to do the same?Our main opportunity is in Monitor Deloitte – Strategy:
Our strategy practice helps organisations move quickly and pragmatically to take advantage of new opportunities, while mitigating risks along the way. We achieve this through a combination of deep industry expertise, world class next generation capabilities and an entrepreneurial mindset. This allows us to incubate, develop and deploy innovative strategies and products at a rapid pace. Our unique position as part of Deloitte means that we can see strategy through to implementation and as a result, maximise the impact of our strategy work.
Monitor Deloitte operates across four key capability areas:
- Digital strategy and innovation
- Customer and marketing
- Strategic transformation
Other S&O areas (for your reference):
- Finance: Our Finance Consulting team is recognised as the best in the UK. We support Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) to manage their finance functions effectively and to support the wider business. We advise CFOs on the creation of strategies and capabilities to improve enterprise-wide decision-making, finance function design and operations.
- Operations: Our Operations practice helps clients implement their corporate strategy and accomplish their business objectives. Using our deep sector and technical expertise, we transform our clients’ core business and operations, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda, and maximise operational efficiency. We bring the breadth and depth of Deloitte’s capabilities to our clients, delivering real value by designing and running impactful transformation programmes.
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology takes care of the repetitive manual tasks. We’re using automation and cognitive technology to free up our people for more analytical work, and to provide a higher quality audit.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – you’ll quickly take ownership over discrete pieces of work, having the opportunity to present your findings back to both senior members of the team, and your clients.
- Provide clear, concise, well-informed perspectives on the important dynamics that are currently reshaping business environments.
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Delivery Excellence: Ability to team with others to produce a high quality work product to ensure a superior client experience
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving: Ability to collect, assimilate and analyse relevant data and use standard processes and tools to help surface and support solutions
- Financial Acumen: Ability to apply basic financial concepts to client and Deloitte business models
- Executive Presence: Ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude and adapt to changing priorities to instil confidence in team
- Logical Structuring: Ability to use and apply frameworks to organize concepts, identify gaps, and communicate ideas clearly
- Global Mind-set: Ability to value and consider the diverse perspectives and backgrounds of colleagues and clients
- Business-Technology Acumen: Ability to apply technology fundamentals to client situations
- Access the Organization: Ability to find and leverage a diverse set of resources and share findings with others
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.