An amazing position for undergrads, this is a role that will test and develop your academic and personal capabilities every day of the week. You’ll tackle the most interesting of challenges while working alongside the warmest, brightest and most supportive peer group.Overview
If you're an ambitious undergraduate or have been working for a couple of years out of college, if you yearn to work with the brightest, most curious minds, then we’d love you to join our team in the prestigious role of Bain associate consultant (AC). In this role, you will make an impact from day one, continually building new skills and addressing new problems. The training and support you’ll receive will be second to none, and as a Bain AC you'll embark on a global career path that will help you to maximize your potential with skills that are applicable to all career trajectories in any industry.
At Bain, we have a long tradition of excellence in helping the world's top organizations solve their toughest challenges—and our global team of ACs form the backbone of this success. And after years of 15% growth, year over year, we are currently hiring for our largest intake ever!
Client confidentially means that we cannot share our clients' names, but whether you're interested in consumer electronics, consumer products, finance, transportation, healthcare, energy or nonprofits, the chances are good that you know our work.
As a Bain associate consultant, your analytical, interpersonal, creative thinking, business management and leadership skills will be called upon from day one. You will begin as a generalist and be placed in the thick of the action, as you work side by side with some of the best in the business. Every day is different, but here's just a sample of the things you can expect to experience and accomplish:
- Provide clients with powerful facts and analyses that outline solutions and drive change.
- Work as a member of case teams in roles that vary according to the team’s objectives.
- Take responsibility for identifying information sources, gathering and interpreting data, and presenting findings to case team members.
- Interview clients' customers, competitors, suppliers and employers; this work then becomes the basis of the case team's strategic recommendation.
The learning curve is steep, but based on our more than 40 years of experience, we know that you will be able to handle it. And the rewards—unparalleled career development, influential connections, world-class training, personal satisfaction, travel and, yes, financial—are second to none.
The following are general qualifications and abilities required for the consultant position at Bain. Please check the local office page for any additional requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from a renowned educational institution
- A solid team player who’s also an independent thinker
- A robust analytical skill set, an endless curiosity and a penchant for thinking the impossible
- Deadline-driven, organized and able to multitask
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Fluency in English is mandatory, but please check the local office page for any additional language requirements
If you're currently studying at a college or university, please visit your school page for specific application details. And please check the local office page for the office to which you are applying for any additional application process details.
If you're ready to apply, please start the application process. On applying, please be sure to include a cover letter (including office preferences), resume (including SAT scores) and a college transcript.