2nd Line Support Engineer
Job Title: 2nd Line Support Engineer
Salary: Excellent + Great Bens
To complete the diagnosis of helpdesk incidents and either resolve to the ticket owner?s satisfaction or escalate to Third Line Technical Support or 3rd Party Suppliers using agreed protocols.
- Experience of multiple Windows platforms
- MS Exchange
- Clearswift Mail sweeper
- Checkpoint Firewalls
- Backup management
- Server and PC component maintenance
- Printer maintenance
- ESX hosts
- HP 3Lpar knowledge advantageous
- A good understanding of customer service, to promote professional conduct and company values internally and externally.
- Analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Good organisational skills
- To fulfil standard requests using documented processes and procedures.
- To manage incidents, requests and problems in line with current skills and abilities.
- Proactively keep colleagues informed throughout all stages of all processes by phone, email and any other computer communication channel deemed necessary.
- To maintain accurate records relating to incidents, requests, and any other aspect of IT service management
- Administer the IT estate
- To complete infrastructure administration tasks.
- Setup and configuration of new computer equipment.
- To inform and instruct colleagues on how to get the best out of the IT infrastructure in the most efficient and effective manner.
- To achieve agreed service outcomes and their personal appraisal targets.
- To work on the shift and/or rota as determined by their manager in a consistent manner.
A fantastic opportunity for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to join a great company with excellent opportunities to learn new skills and gain career progression.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/958782403