Engineering Shift Manager meat processing (Double days)
Engineering Shift Manager – meat processing (Double days)
Salary £Attractive + benefits
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Shift Manager to join our Client's manufacturing site on a double day shift 5 days per week.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for driving performance of the Engineering team on shift in a fast paced manufacturing environment. This will make demands on your management, communication and organisational skills as you seek to balance the need to minimise machinery downtime whilst identifying ways to improve performance without impacting on quality and multi-skilled Engineer engagement.
- Liaise with the Engineering Management Team to plan & prioritise work to minimise machinery downtime & ensure maximum use of resources.
- Co-ordinate maintenance priorities with the Maintenance team and ensure this is planned in advance to avoid production disruption
- Coach, develop and lead on shift engineers & establish a culture that supports all aspects of manufacturing in a world-class environment.
- Control levels and accuracy of downtime and downtime recording to develop target areas.
- Continuously identify ways to reduce costs & improve standards & efficiency in all areas, ensure Quality Management Systems & procedures are followed in all areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for achieving budgeted figures.
- Achieve hygiene audit requirements, plan & manage planned shutdowns with Hygiene Manager
- Ensure company & statutory regulations & guidelines are followed.
- Undertake Crisis Incident Management, Accident and Near Miss investigations.
- Ensure standards of discipline are maintained, handling infringements in line with company discipline & grievance procedures.
- Lead by example, demonstrating high standards of behaviour, honesty & integrity - develop & supports people through coaching and feedback.
- You will be qualified to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent, ONC mechanical/electrical Engineering, BTEC level 3 in Mechanical & Electrical/Electronic Engineering)
- Ideally, IEE qualification up to 17th edition Wiring Regulations
- Have a proven track record in an Engineering and fault finding role gained from within a FMCG environment (Ideally Food Industry)
- To be successful in this position will require strong leadership and coaching skills in order to engage, motivate and develop on shift Engineers in this demanding environment.
- Proven experience in delivering strong results through a team in a people management role gained from within a Manufacturing including leading a team of engineers.
- You will also possess excellent communication skills, build effective relationships, demonstrate assertiveness and decision making skills and have a can do attitude to your work.
- The nature of the role demands an ability to problem solve and fault diagnosis, report information/findings, develop recommendations, and implement process changes in order to improve operational performance. The ability to demonstrate this through previous experience is therefore essential.
To apply for this role please email your CV or call for more details.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75885808