2018 Graduate Programme – Financial Advisory – Economic Consulting
Among other criteria, we want to underline that you will need a MSc/MPhil/PhD in Economics and/or Econometrics from a leading university or equivalent qualification or experience.The Programme
The Deloitte Graduate Programme is a first step on a professional career with a highly respected firm. It’s a world-class training scheme, as well as a permanent job that’ll earn you a market-leading salary and benefits.
From the moment you join, you’ll be treated as a Business Advisor, valued for the unique contribution you make and the fresh ideas you bring. You’ll work directly with clients on projects that have a very real and meaningful impact on their success. As well as gaining a recognised professional qualification, you’ll develop the kind of rounded business skills that will serve you well regardless of where your future takes you. And you’ll get all the support you need to become the leader you know you can be.
As an economic consultant, you’ll apply microeconomic and macroeconomic theory alongside econometric and financial expertise to provide solutions for business, consumer and regulatory issues facing our clients. Companies, regulators and governments look to us to help them understand economic issues impacting their business and policies, and your economic analysis, modelling and research will ensure you are seen as a trusted advisor in helping them make crucial decisions.The Opportunity
Economic Consulting work is intellectually challenging and varied, appealing to the brightest and most capable economists. Our team sits within our Financial Advisory business and brings together commercially-minded economists, econometricians and financial analysts to apply their combined skills to clients' business issues.
We deliver real value through areas such as regulatory or competition economics, cost analysis, price optimisation and value profitability analysis. Our technical skills are combined with Deloitte's deep financial, strategic and industry understanding to create a unique package that can be applied across industries.
The Economic Consulting team works for many of the world’s largest companies, including members of the S&P500 and FTSE100. You will get the chance to actively contribute to projects from day one, with early senior exposure and active participation in methodology development and client presentations.Your professional experience
- Gain experience in a range of technical areas including economic analysis, market analysis, business modelling, strategy, policy appraisal, economic modelling, valuation and financial analysis.
- Work in a challenging environment with like-minded people at the leading edge of economic thinking, using your curiosity, economic expertise, and critical thinking to analyse high profile and complex problems facing businesses, regulators and governments.
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion and build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Develop report writing, team working, project management skills and the commercial application of economic theory.
- Continue with your professional development throughout your career through a training investment.
- Work on potential secondments within the firm and with client organisations.
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Commercial Understanding of Economics: applies knowledge of economic theory and tools to real-life issues
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving: collects, assimilates, and analyses relevant data and uses standard processes and tools to help surface insights and solutions
- Delivery Excellence: manages own work against project plan to ensure a superior client experience
- Manages Quality & Risk: complies with quality standards, risk rules, and confidentiality guidelines to deliver results
- Modelling: adopts a disciplined approach to building economic, econometric and financial models
- Communication Skills: explains economic thinking in non-technical terms to clients without an economics background
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.