Apprentice Claims Handler
We have exciting opportunities for Apprentice Claims Handlers to join our centre of excellence at the Broadland Business Park.
Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, but for every situation, Aviva is on hand to make things simple and keep customers protected. Joining our Claims Team you’ll have a vital role to play. Here, within our Claims department, every one of our people is a great talker, listener, investigator, letter-writer and decision maker.
Our professionals sort out insurance claims with the maximum efficiency and minimum fuss, in an attractive environment. Our Motor Claims Department is one of seven centres of excellence and we are continually looking at ways of enhancing the service we provide. We know that making a claim can be a stressful time, but by having a dedicated team of experienced Claims Advisors all under one roof, our customers will benefit from a seamless and efficient service for the duration of their claim.
Unlike a call centre where you are continually taking inbound calls, in this role you’ll follow up the claim, including dealing with the Third Party, Credit Hire Companies, Third Party Insurers and negotiating settlements as well as taking calls from customers who currently hold motor insurance with Aviva and are looking to make a claim. These are customers who hold both commercial and personal policies and need to get their vehicle back on the road as soon as possible.
You'll talk and listen calmly to our customers, knowing just the right questions to ask to obtain relevant information to assist you in processing their claim.
You'll relish getting to the bottom of things. Only through meticulously checking facts and asking questions will you be able to weigh up information and make accurate decisions about the claim. You'll enjoy taking personal responsibility for your own workload, continually reorganising and prioritising to ensure our customers get the best service possible.
With your strong work ethic and even stronger customer focus, you'll be able to put yourself in our customer's shoes ultimately minimising the impact of the claim to them. Full training will be provided.Are you someone who:
- Thrives on a challenge where no two days are the same.
- Likes to you deal directly with customers in their time of need and help to get them back on road.
- Enjoys negotiating with people and making decisions based on facts, as well as challenging the status quo.
- Is quick to adjust your work priorities to meet changing demands
- Is a team player
If you answer yes to all of these, we would love to meet you.What we offer
- An accredited apprenticeship scheme with an industry-recognized professional qualification and/or professional accreditation
- A permanent role with workplace learning and off the job training to learn a new skill and gain experience
- A competitive starting salary which will rise as you continue to increase your performance and complete your accreditation
- Our Apprenticeships are open to all ages who want to learn a new skill whilst earning a full time salary
Throughout the duration of your studies you will spend a large proportion of your time learning on the job, and working as part of a team. You will have dedicated ‘off the job’ time to focus on your studies, working with a National Training Provider to support your accredited learning.
To apply for one of our apprenticeships you must:
- NOT have a qualification higher than the qualification you will study for in a similar subject or field.
- NOT already have studied a similar level apprenticeship
The minimum educational qualification requirements for applicants is:
5 GCSE’s at grade A to C with two of those being in Maths and English