Graduate Programme 2018 - Audit ACA / CA - Empowered (Plymouth)
Our people are at the heart of our continued success. Being part of KPMG is being part of a community of talented and innovative people, working together to have a positive, lasting impact on clients. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. Whoever you are, there is a place for you here.About the programme
The largest of our UK practices, Audit develops a deep understanding of organisations and helps to assure stakeholders that the published annual accounts are a 'true and fair' reflection of their financial performance.
With the ever-changing technological landscape, audit is evolving. Through the use of our innovative collaboration and analytics tool, KPMG Clara, we are able to get under the skin of our clients’ business and provide them with not just an audit opinion, but added value and insight. At KPMG we are at the forefront of developing technology to enable us to deliver a world-class audit. This will continue to evolve, with advancing technology such as artificial intelligence becoming part of the day-to-day audit.
As a graduate, you'll gain a breadth of expertise and experience in audit. A strong start to a successful career in business, you’ll be equipped with valuable technical skills, broad commercial understanding and in-depth knowledge of different industry sectors.
Within audit, we also have a large and growing internal client base and perform work on wider assurance engagements for a number of our clients. Graduates joining the Audit Programme will have the chance to work in a specific business area whilst studying towards a valuable professional qualification.Key skills required
- Works cooperatively and can build positive, constructive business relationships
- Takes accountability for delivering high quality, accurate work
- Self motivated and organises own workload to ensure effective delivery of engagements/projects
- Strives for continual improvement
- Business curiosity that encompasses the use of data
- Forward thinking and ready to embrace change and technological advancements in how you think, problem solve and approach tasks
During the recruitment process, you will need to demonstrate KPMG's Global Behavioural Capabilities which will give us confidence you’ll be successful in the firm. By this, we mean the skills and behaviours that every person here at KPMG shares. To us, ‘behaviours’ are more than the way you act – they represent the set of values that underpin our business.
KPMG's Global Behavioural Capabilities are:
- Career Motivation
- Delivers Quality
- Drives Collaboration and Inclusion
- Strives for Continual Improvement
- Exercises Professional Judgement
- Makes an Impact
- Seizes Business Opportunities
- Demonstrates Innovation and Curiosity
In general terms your role will involve:
- Proactively looking to become an integral part of the audit team, creating good contacts and developing relationships with client finance teams and wider business.
- Owning assigned work (a mixture of substantive and controls) over non-significant audit areas.
- Assisting more senior members of the team in the audit of significant audit areas.
- Driving the use and development of technology across audit.
- Seeking to embed technology and data analytics in the audit process.
- Participating in social and networking events to develop your knowledge and contacts within KPMG.
In addition to your role responsibilities we will support you to gain the Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ACA) or the Institute of Chartered Accountants (CA) of Scotland qualification.
KPMG is dedicated to ensuring you have the best chance of passing your exams, and therefore have a dedicated Professional Qualification Training and Accreditation team whose focus is to ensure that each KPMG trainee fulfils their potential. We are extremely confident and proud of both our ACA and CA products, as they create both a supportive and inclusive learning environment for all. By joining KPMG you'll be joining a long list of graduates who've already excelled in their professional exams.
The fact that KPMG trainees consistently outperform Institute pass marks and continue to complete their qualification within their three-year training contract is a real testament to our people and the quality of our training.
Skills you gain in audit mean that you are marketable. KPMG has already invested in developing programmes for qualified individuals, meaning that is it now easier than ever to move around the firm and/or gain development opportunities.
Post qualification your personal and professional training will continue, together with opportunities to work across the wider firm.What do we look for?
Within our recruitment process, we look for more than just your academic results. This wider perspective helps us ensure that we are giving you the best opportunity to demonstrate your potential. We assess your application against KPMG’s Global Behavioural Capabilities and a number of other metrics, including technical background and/or experience, to build our confidence in whether you will be a success at KPMG.
As a general rule, you'll be expected to meet the following requirements:
- Minimum grade B GCSE* Maths
- Minimum grade B GCSE* English Language
- Minimum of 300 UCAS Tariff points*
- Minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline * or equivalent
Please note that we only consider a candidate's top 3 A-level grades and do not accept General Studies.
- Salary is competitive
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, the chance to move around the business or volunteering opportunities, you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re proud of our culture – it’s one that recognises hard work, encourages new ways of thinking and embraces diversity and inclusion. We also have an innovative spirit which inspires what we do and how we do it – striving to be better lies at the heart of who we are.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best – that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. They’re our way of recognising and rewarding our colleagues for giving their best at work. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From secondment programmes and preferential banking to cash towards student loan payments and your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.