BI Developer (Software Developer Apprenticeship)
As the central MI team in UK Life, we are currently embarking on a new and exciting Business Intelligence (BI) strategy, working in conjunction with other Aviva UK businesses. Our mission is to create the best BI and analytics capability, not only in Aviva, but in our industry.
Specifically our ambition is to be the best at driving value into the business and to drive better outcomes for our customers. Part of our core purpose is to deliver fantastic data visualisation tools and demand capture solutions, so that our stakeholders make informed business decisions.
We care like mad for our staff and for the community and are dedicated to investing in our staff to be highly trained and accredited.Purpose of the Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a BI Software Developer apprenticeship (level 4) within the UKI Business Intelligence Team. You will provide a key technical role working on business data and visualisations. You will take responsibility for the requirements gathering and development of efficient data extraction solutions, and also provide assistance delivering front end reporting solutions into the business through the use of new exciting technologies such as Qlik Sense.What will you need to do?
- Develop, maintain and enhance scalable Business Intelligence solutions to be used across Aviva UK Insurance;
- Learn and utilise new development languages and technologies;
- Data modelling, database design and interrogation (e.g. SQL);
- Recommend solution options and assist with, or lead on, the design, development and testing of these.
- Partner with BI Delivery teams and wider internal stakeholders;
- Adhere to application development lifecycle and process controls; including peer reviews;
- Adhere to, and implement appropriate controls to safeguard our customer data and mitigate risks;
- Be capable of working in an agile manner.
To apply for this apprenticeship you will need:
- 96 UCAS points achieved or predicted from September 2017 (equivalent to 3 “A” levels at “C” grade)
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade A to C (Grades 4 – 9 from 2017) with three of those being in Maths, Science (s) and English.
- In Scotland – A minimum of 3 Highers
To apply for this apprenticeship you must
- NOT have a qualification higher than the qualification you will study for in a similar subject or field
- NOT already have studied a similar level apprenticeship
- Experience in coding with any procedural language (such as Python, C#, VB.Net);
- Ability and willingness to learn new coding languages and technologies;
- Ability to work independently and capable of taking responsibility;
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent qualification; or, relevant working experience;
- Ability to communicate effectively.