Senior Manager - VAT, PwC, Bristol
Who we are looking for:
Are you a client facing work winner with the desire to succeed and take a leading role within the West Region? We are looking for an ambitious Senior Manager to join our Indirect Tax practice, based in our Bristol office.
About the role:
Within the West we provide a full range of audit, tax and related financial advice to a portfolio of clients ranging from large plcs to small local businesses. The team is committed to providing pro-active Tax and business consultancy advice. As well as advising businesses of varying sizes, our clients operate across a diverse range of market sectors.
We are essentially a consulting business and little of our work is routine. Projects range from providing bespoke solutions to specific problems, advising on dispute resolution with HMRC, advising on error correction and penalties and advising on VAT reclaims and refund opportunities. One thing is guaranteed: the Indirect Tax practice offers a wide variety of opportunities.
The candidate will need to have a sound VAT technical base and be able to demonstrate credible experience in these areas of expertise. They will be a self-starter and have a passion and drive to take this forward.
• Previous work experience within the Indirect tax arena. This could be gained through working in Customs and Excise, within Practice at a 'Big 4' firm or another reputable firm or from within Industry.
• Knowledge of the Indirect Tax market is essential, accompanied by strong technical knowledge.
• Proven work winning experience coupled with strong networking and relationship building skills. This will include marketing both in the external market place and internally across other lines of service.
• The ability to fully take ownership of client relationships and be able to cross sell and network internally to ensure their needs are met.
• Commercial awareness. This may be gained through specific industry knowledge or through managing a number of clients in various industries.
• Strong interpersonal skills, which will be demonstrated through maintaining and developing key client relationships as well as team leadership roles.
• Strong technical skills coupled with the communication skills to explain complex issues in clear concise way to clients and non-tax colleagues.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to market yourself and your team both internally and externally.
• Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills
• Flair for negotiating with VAT authorities in order to get the best result for your client.
• People management skills with proven experience of delegation and project delivery through a team.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Strong academic record
• CTA qualified or substantial relevant work experience gained within the Indirect Tax field.