Support Worker/Carer - Bury St Edmunds - Bury St Edmunds
Nursing 2000 is currently recruiting Support worker/carers for several clients in the Suffolk area for both temporary and ongoing contract assignments within hospitals and the community.
Job Title: Support Worker
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Follow a nursing care plan formulated by a qualified nurse, and deliver nursing care as prescribed within the confines of the role, eg assisting patients to wash, dress, aid patients to the toilet, help feed etc.
-Assist the qualified nurse to monitor and evaluate care by informing him/her of any changes in the patient’s condition, and by recording in the patient’s record as appropriate.
-Attend a daily ward report when on duty.
-Under the supervision of a qualified nurse serve food and drink to patients. Assist to monitor the patient’s daily nutritional intake and report any deficiencies.
-Collect specimens of urine, sputum and faeces as requested and ensure specimen labels are correctly completed prior to sending to the relevant laboratory.
-Respect the patient’s spiritual needs and their right to privacy and dignity at all times.
-Respect all aspects of confidentiality.
-Have regard for the patients personal property, taking care to keep it as safe as possible at all times.
-Escort patients requiring special investigations to other departments both within the hospital and to other specialist units.
-Recognise the needs of patients, relatives, carers and colleagues and act accordingly at all times.
-Take and record patient observations as requested by the Deputy
Ward Sister, ensuring you report any abnormalities immediately
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Support worker be successful at working in teams
- Competence across a range of Health and Social skill supported by professional and clinical knowledge
- Possess training requirements for Support Worker Role
- Demonstrate principles of accountable practice as a Support Worker
- Possess an NVQ level 2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care
- Must have minimum 6 months NHS or Private hospital experience
Additional Benefits of this position:
- On-site Parking for car drivers
- Ongoing contract work available
- Easily accessible to public transport commuters
- Mileage is payable
- Client offering to assist with overnight accommodation arrangements
If you meet all the above criteria, please get in contact with Norah Dummer today on 0208 696 5050, choosing option 1 for recruitment or email me your CV to Norah.Dummer@nursing2000.co.uk