Senior Manager, Wholesale Credit Risk Stress Testing
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Senior Manager, Wholesale Credit Risk Stress Testing, based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Stress Testing team within WCR is responsible for the design and delivery of stress testing for the purpose of completing the mandatory exercises set by HSBC’s various global regulators, and internally-led scenario analysis to assess vulnerabilities in the portfolio and inform credit appetite and strategic risk management actions.
The role holder will be primarily responsible for review and analysis of stress testing results; providing commercial justification in support of modelled forecasts; presenting and defending results to Senior Management; and recommending expert judgment adjustments to results. The individual will contribute to implementation of new stress scenarios, stress testing methodology and MI and provide business requirements for IT implementations. They will ensure that stress testing is used appropriately by risk managers for decision making and provide guidance such that stress results are factored into risk appetite and risk mitigation decisions.
The role holder will also be responsible for providing support to regional stress testing execution teams, supporting the development of innovative solutions in order to address ad-hoc requests from senior management on stress scenario results and ensuring that stress test deliveries represent best practice and meet regulatory requirements in terms of governance, methodology and IT infrastructure. The individual’s duties will also include identifying key business needs and translating these into clear systems requirements that can be implemented by developers.
The role holder will be expected to prioritize numerous requests at once and manage timing and stakeholders’ expectation appropriately.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following:
- Self-starter able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- A background in wholesale credit
- A sound understanding of global current affairs with the ability to logically conclude how certain macro events may impact the wholesale credit portfolio
- Good understanding of statistics and familiarity with tools for numerical analysis
- Involvement in wholesale risk management and/or regulatory stress test exercises would be advantageous but is not mandatory
- An eye for detail and the proven ability to work with large data sets
- Ability to analyse problems and devise appropriate solutions
Closing dates for applications: 28th December 2017