Computing & I.T Lecturer
Computing & I.T Lecturer
Salary: Qualified rate: £23,178 - £33,340 per annum pro rata:
Unqualified rate: £20,155 - £29,037 per annum pro rata
Hours of Work: Full time & Part time opportunities available
50 Days Annual Leave, Teachers Pension scheme, Free on-site gym, Staff lounge, Staff development opportunities, Staff recognition scheme, Employee Recommendation Incentive and access to many more benefits.
Having recently been graded as an Ofsted Outstanding College, this is an exciting time to join a college that is really going places and this is your opportunity to be part of its future. Fareham College offers brand new state of the art facilities comprising of workshops, teaching classrooms, learning resource centres, restaurants, a theatre, a hair & beauty salon and associated facilities. The successful candidate will be a member of a team of over 300 academic and business support staff. We pride ourselves on providing the very best technical and professional training to set our students on the path to exciting and rewarding careers.
The Enterprise and Digital Industries is looking for a highly organised and creative Computing & I.T Lecturer to join its innovative and high achieving team.
The role will require you to teach on programmes across levels 1-4 which may include some adult courses and will have course leadership responsibilities. Subjects covered within the curriculum include I.T and Computing.
- To undertake a teaching programme and all aspects of the teaching and learning process
- To act as a Course Leader for designated courses
- To assist the Head of Department and Director of Faculty in the management and review of the curriculum
- To participate in liaison activities associated with the programme area and those relating to the Faculty's and College provision.
- Develop and maintain professional competence in the post and in other duties performed on behalf of the Faculty or the College.
- Level 3 qualification in the relevant area of expertise (or commitment to achieving this in the required timeframe)
- Level 5 Teaching qualification (or commitment to achieving this in the required timeframe)
- Relevant degree and/or appropriate level professional qualifications
- Previous teaching experience
- Excellent knowledge of recent initiatives in curriculum development & design
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people at all ages and levels
- Innovative and creative approach to work
Experience in teaching and learning would be advantageous, although industry experience will be considered for those with the ambition of becoming an outstanding Lecturer. Fareham College will offer free teacher training to those wishing to enter the teaching profession.
If you are an experienced professional looking to share your knowledge in a rewarding and exciting learning environment we would love to hear from you.
Interview Date: TBC
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes on: Thursday 14 December 2017
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.
Apply for Computing & I.T Lecturer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly