Assistant Manager, Credit Impairment Analytics
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ an Assistant Manager, Credit Impairment Analytics, based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The role holder will join the new Credit Impairment Analytics team and will play a critical role in the implementation and on-going delivery of International Financial Reporting Standard 9 – Financial Instruments (IFRS 9). The individual will assist in establishing the team’s role within the IFRS 9 governance process and operating model, working closely with Credit Risk and global finance teams. They will be responsible for production of analytics which support the review of IFRS 9 impairment results at global business and significant subsidiary impairment committees. The role holder will also assist in the preparation of papers that document the challenge of the expected credit losses calculated by entities and global businesses and will review the Group’s credit disclosures to ensure best practice and compliance with regulatory standards (e.g. IFRS).
The role holder will be expected to monitor the external environment to identify reasons to adjust the Group’s expected credit loss calculations and assess the external markets expectation of the Group’s ECL.
The successful candidate will hold a recognised professional accountancy qualification and will have the following:
- Fundamental understanding of the financial reporting and external disclosure requirements for a large financial institution and some experience of preparing or auditing published financial statements;
- Awareness of IFRS 9 and other relevant regulatory and best practice reporting issues;
- Ability to design, document and communicate analytical procedures to provide assurance over external financial statements;
- Some experience of preparing technical/formal papers which are delivered to a senior management level;
- Ability to field, analyse and solve unstructured problems/queries and to challenge existing procedures;
- Ability to communicate complex financial issues confidently to line management;
- Knowledge of risk modelling concepts and Hyperion experience would be an advantage.
Closing dates for applications: 21st December 2017
Apply for Assistant Manager, Credit Impairment Analytics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly