Interserve are currently hiring a number of mobile Multi Technicians across the UK to support with the mobile delivery of facilities support services across client sites on the Department of Transport (DfT) facilities management contract. The role will be responsible for carrying out a range of general maintenance tasks, fabric maintenance tasks, business support tasks and janitorial tasks and will report to and support the lead mobile engineer and assist mobile engineers as required in the delivery of planned, reactive and ad hoc maintenance tasks. You will be required to work a 40 hour week, a driving license is essential for this role as travel will be required across various sites in your region. You will be entitled to 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, and a van will be provided to you for work use only.
The role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- Weekly & monthly planned maintenance tasks as scheduled (fire alarm tests, water temperature recording, emergency lighting tests, etc)
- Monthly utilities meter readings
- First line response to reactive repairs
- Relamping of defective luminaries
- Minor building fabric repairs
- Minor decorating tasks
- Minor plumbing repairs
- General office cleaning as scheduled for remote sites
- Cleaning of toilet facilities and replenishment of consumables for remote sites
- Other general cleaning or janitorial duties as requested
- Supporting external landscaping and cleaning as required
- Adhoc porterage duties (Moves & changes, furniture management & moves, etc)
- Maintain accurate documentation of all assigned work orders
- Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner
- Proactively walk the floors, reporting any maintenance or H&S issues to the helpdesk and appropriate manager.
What we are looking for
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge
- Full UK driving licence
- A BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) check is required to work on this contract and will be essential for you to pass as part of the role.
- Experience of building maintenance, handyperson or janitorial duties
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Have a proactive approach to maintenance and building management
- Keyboard skills and basic computer literacy
- A team player but able to work under own initiative and able to escalate matters out of own limitations
- Good communications skills
- Ability to travel widely within a regional area in the UK
- A desire to develop and undertake training as and when required.
- Customer focused
- Presentable and approachable, with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77546076