3 days left
- Full Time
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- To be able to be the first point of contact for all staff, students and visitors, providing an efficient and welcoming reception environment and dealing effectively with all enquiries.
- To provide an efficient and effective administrative service including distribution and despatch of post and dealing with general enquiries from staff, students and visitors.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing together with the ability to respond to a variety of audiences and stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to use own initiative and be proactive in the management of own workload.
- Excellent IT skills with experience of using bespoke management information systems and/or other database experience.
- The ability to work well in a team and to stay calm and cheerful under pressure.
- Willingness to train as a first-aider.
- An understanding of an educational environment and the needs of inner‐city students in the 3‐11 age range.
- An ability to empathise with the Christian ethos of the school and the progress and success of the students.
- An awareness of some of the key developments in education.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, Equal Opportunities policies.
Should you require further information please go to our website.
In return the school can offer:
- supportive, motivated colleagues
- support to develop an area of expertise
- the opportunity to be part of a progressive and improving organisation
- an exciting and rewarding working environment