INSTALLATION AND SERVICE FIELD ENGINEER
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced field service engineer or someone who wants to train in the Telematics industry.
The company you will be working with is at the forefront of the industry supplying, installing and servicing a range of vehicle tracking and security equipment to a wide variety of customers. This includes field service organisations, heavy plant manufactures and hire companies, transport businesses and other industries where the security of heavy equipment is paramount.
The Company is looking to recruit a permanent Installation and Service Field Engineer (Auto Electrician) based mainly in the Yorkshire and Humberside/North East Midlands area to join our nationwide engineering team to install and support all Enigma/Skyline GPRS/GPS tracking systems and other security systems and to carry out service calls to plant/vehicles as and when required.
Salary remuneration is based on a 40 hour week over 5 days with a basic salary of £19.5k per annum with the opportunity to enhance through performance related pay, typically reaching £30k per annum.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1) To arrive promptly within appointment time and to work on site under own initiative;
2) To install/service Skyline GPRS/GPS tracking systems and Immobiliser systems to company minimum standards;
3) To complete installation records/paperwork and submit this to the Installations team;
4) To communicate with the Commissioning team, providing them with accurate installation details;
5) To communicate effectively and professionally with customers and colleagues at all times;
6) To maintain and look after company equipment and products;
7) To maintain and keep the company vehicle clean and tidy;
8) To ensure the appropriate products/kitting of products is maintained on the company vehicle;
9) To be prepared to travel to jobs beyond the allocated area should the business require it, with possible stayover on occasion.
1) To be able to drive and have a full clean driving licence;
2) Be educated to GCSE standard in English and Maths and/or NVQ qualifications at Level 3 in engineering, mechanical or auto electrical discipline;
3) Be able to demonstrate engineering experience in the plant and vehicle sectors;
4) Be experienced in installing electronic security/tracking devices to vehicles;
5) Have extensive knowledge and experience of vehicle/plant electrical systems and electronics used in these sectors;
6) Have good practical IT skills around the use of mobile communication technology and tablet devices;
7) Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues;
8) Be level headed and calm with a flexible approach;
9) Have excellent analytical and problem solving skills and work in an organised, logical and systematic way;
10) Be self motivated and work with minimum supervision.
1) Have working knowledge of GPS/GPRS communications;
2) Experience of installing electronic security/tracking devices to plant machinery;
3) Experience of IT programs and how they integrate with security installations;
4) A good understanding of in-car and plant installations, ideally alarms, tracking/security systems and telematics products.
1) 20 days personal leave plus 8 public/bank holidays per annum;
2) Auto enrolment to a nominated pension scheme after successfully completing a 3 month probation;
3) Childcare vouchers;
4) Cycle to Work scheme;
5) Eyecare scheme;
6) Company vehicle
7) Company iPad and Android phone;
8) Uniform and PPE.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: OTE of £30,000.00 /year
* Secondary education
Required licence or certification:
* clean driving licence
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959534954