Senior BI Developer
The candidate will also be involved with the development and delivery of all reporting requirements for several business units within the business. This is a business focused role with a strong technical element and the requirement to offer solutions and communicate on both business and technical issues at all levels throughout the Company. The role involves assisting the BI Manager ensuring all service standards are met and data is structured in line with company data governance guidelines.
- To provide BI technical guidance to assist the business, business analysts and/or clients with defining business requirements.
- Liaise with third parties and clients regarding Business Intelligence .
- Use experience to mentor other team members in BI technologies and methodologies.
- To create design documents consistent with the agreed user requirements.
- To ensure BI/MI best practises are observed in terms of the accuracy, efficiency and robustness.
- To produce Unit/System Test plans and perform Unit/System Testing (relating to BI only).
- To ensure coding meets company standards in terms of the accuracy, efficiency and robustness of the developed code.
- Contribute to the design of Data Warehouse Dimensional Model and understand structure of source data.
- To build new SSIS packages (ETL), SSAS Cubes and SSRS Reports based on business requirements.
- To provide maintenance of existing BI solutions - Aruna, Performance Dashboard, SSIS packages, SSAS Cubes, SSRS/Excel MI reports.
- To report as necessary on performance against agreed objectives, timescales or standards.
- To document key procedures/processes in line with company standards.
- Resolving and managing incidents and problems, working with other teams, ensuring that the correct solution is reached.
- To maintain appropriate procedures for data-warehouse monitoring and data-warehouse capacity.
- To work in accordance with the Company ITSM policies and processes where possible.
- To ensure Information Continuity capability is adhered to; supporting any tests as required.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate Group and Industry audit requirements.
- Develop, test, deploy and document code changes in accordance with the Company Software Development Lifecycle
- Investigate and Triage Incident Requests submitted by Service Desk.
- Act, behave appropriately and comply with the internal rules and regulations of your entity and with the general ethical standards expected by the Bank and relevant Regulatory Authorities, particularly in, but not limited to, proactively protecting and safeguarding the interests of its clients, the integrity of the markets and the Group's reputation.
- Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and Group's internal Compliance requirements including, but not limited to, Financial Security, Know Your Customer due diligence, International Financial Sanctions, Client Interest Protection, Market Integrity, Data Protection.
- Complete all necessary Compliance training, in accordance with the annual training plan, to maintain appropriate business and compliance level of knowledge and understanding in order to be fully competent to undertake the role.
- To carry out any other task associated with the role as reasonably requested
Required Skills and Work Experience
- Minimum 4 years' experience in a similar position
- Excellent understanding of data warehousing concepts including dimensional modelling
- Expert T-SQL knowledge
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) minimum 4 years.
- Experience in requirement gathering
- Proven ability to communicate well, at all levels, both written and verbal
- Good organisation skills
- Self motivated
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure
- Advanced Excel and Macros
- Aruna and Easy Ask
- Progress Database
- Insurance Industry knowledge
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959527572