Nursery Nurse and Apprentice
Nursery Practitioner and Apprentice – Berkhamsted
This is a permanent position in a nursery
Our clients’ family run nursery is dedicated to offering excellent links with families and the community. They are set in a cricket pavilion which they have turned into a child friendly setting and have now been open for 23 years.
As the successful candidate, you will be required to:
• Hold a NVQ Level 2 or higher qualification in childcare
• Have a sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and safeguarding procedures as well as the OFSTED standards.
• Hold a current and up to date DBS.
• Excellent communication skills
• To help create a safe and welcoming environment for all of the children and to follow the nursery ethos
• To work within the nurseries policies and procedures
• To work as a member of the team providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment in line with the EYFS
• To be passionate about planning exciting new activities which will engage and challenge the children within the nursery
• To observe the children’s development and link to the EYFS
• To build a relationship with the parents to support a working parent partnership
• To maintain an adequate standard of cleanliness and hygiene for the children
• Liaise with the SENCO and other professionals as necessary
• Attend staff meetings and in-service training courses as required
The position is for 40 hours per week, between £8.00 - £10.00 per hour (Depending on experience and qualifications, this will be discussed in an interview)
You are entitled to 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, also an extra 2 days per year for charitable giving.
Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
Our client’s nursery is looking for an enthusiastic and reliable apprentice to join their friendly team. This is a full-time post with in house training.
The successful applicant will be hard-working, mature and passionate about children. Please note that the national minimum wage for Apprentices applies to this position.
A&C Recruitment Ltd currently specialise in searching and resourcing within the Care sector. The business was set up to help our clients avoid high recruitment fees and instead charge affordable one off payments to undertake the necessary advertising and candidate searches.
We have a team of experienced account managers, who oversee the day to day running of a client’s account, by sending them updates on potential candidates that have been sourced through our recruitment team’s searches, or applications to adverts we post online.
If you would like to know more, or are applying for a job through us. Please do not hesitate to contact A&C Recruitment and quote AC1560 and ask for Lucy