For my FS client based in central Edinburgh I am currently looking for a Network Engineer on a permanent basis.
Purpose of the Role
- Provide technical administration support for all networking technologies e.g. firewalls, routers & switches in line with agreed service levels.
- To manage performance of the network.
- To contribute to architectural designs of any proposed network changes.
- To implement continuous improvements to enhance operational effectiveness of the network
- To perform network related changes as driven by projects managed by Infrastructure Change Delivery team
- Ensure systems are managed to the satisfaction of the business:
- Incidents and Service Requests closed within SLA.
- Review breached calls
- Problems investigated, recommendations made and implemented (if feasible).
- Alerts responded to in a timely manner.
- Alerts configured to provide accurate timely alerts to enable proactive responses.
- Co-ordinate and implement OS and firmware upgrades.
- No unplanned outages attributable to System Administrators.
- System uptime and availability within SLA.
- Unnecessary alert are cleansed to ensure that they are relevant and accurate.
- Provide support out of hours
- Ensure hardware and software is kept within supported levels.
- Fully document systems including DR procedures, recovery procedures, build procedures, call out logs, decision logs, and maintenance procedures and fix knowledge base.
- Strong understanding of networking principles. (OSI, TCP/IP, Ethernet)
- Strong working knowledge of Network Security (Firewalls)
- Strong working knowledge of load balancing.
- Strong working knowledge of proxy serves.
- Working knowledge of Layer 3 routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP)
- Working knowledge of VOIP (SIP)
- Knowledge of VMware & VMware View
- Knowledge of Unix & storage technologies
- Knowledge of monitoring capacity and performance
- Knowledge of the automation of systems and process
- Knowledge of Enterprise storage
- Knowledge of administering Enterprise level back office systems
- Knowledge of backup and recovery tools and procedures.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959527412