SQL Database Administrator
Microsoft SQL Database Administrator ? Stoke on Trent
Working in a small team Infrastructure Team and responsible for the day-to-day support and operations. This position will be responsible for all SQL Database Administration and Development related support and projects along with implementing the Group Data
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- The day to day operations of the groups SQL environment in its entirety.
- Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO).
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.
- Plan, maintain and execute database tasks for security and data integrity.
- Daily SQL backup, restoration and off-site replication.
- SQL disaster recovery aspects to include regular DR testing.
- SQL System administration, data cleansing and patching.
- Monitor performance and availability of SQL systems (Target of 98% System availability).
- Fully document the company?s database environment.
- Create the group data warehouse.
- Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) of the Data Warehouse.
- Maintain logs and reports of activity.
- Assist with database design and development.
- Experience as a Microsoft SQL DBA. Hands on experience with technical troubleshooting.
- Essential Requirements of the Role: Core Skills/Knowledge:
- May require remote access and out of hours support.
- Must possess and clearly demonstrate an excellent understanding of the SQL Server architecture, administration, and security; understanding of Windows Server operating systems; extensive knowledge creating and implementing Stored Procedures, SQL coding and automation using scripts.
- Excellent understanding of database design principals is required.
- Must have knowledge to develop, document and implement written database maintenance procedures.
- The knowledge to produce documentation for existing data processing applications and systems - i.e. process workflow; understanding of database change process management, execution and documentation.
- Database performance monitoring and tuning knowledge; query optimization skills and experience is required.
- Must have the knowledge and understanding to document processes, policies, configurations, and best practices.
- Must have the knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
- MCDBA / MCT certification (Desirable).
- Experience of Windows servers, and windows security configurations.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to liaise with 3rd party vendors. Behaviours:
- Manage your own workload effectively in line with business priorities.
- Work under pressure: Able to work to tight deadlines and under extreme pressure if core systems fail
- Training: Ability to pass knowledge on to other team members and mentor junior members of the team.
- Team work: Become an active part of the IT Team.
- Customers: Have excellent customer service skills
- Manages: Effective time management for yourself.
- Flexibility: Be available out of hours as and when required
- Proactive: Always looking to improve put forward any suggestions to continually improve.
- Change: Embrace and assist in driving change forwards to improve.
- Communication: Communicate with all levels within the business.
- Influencing: Ability to get colleagues to buy into and support your suggestions etc.?
- Relationships: Build strong relationships with suppliers and customers alike.
- Innovation: Research new technologies and put forward proposals to improve business systems.
- Passion & Drive: Enthusiasm about the department, and business and passion for what we do.
- Problem solving: Ability to problem solve on technologies you may have never seen before. Logical thinking and approach.
- Responsibility/ownership: Take charge of your assigned project work and service desk cases, and take responsibility for these from start to end.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959529179